Friday, February 22, 2008

Asparagus

I just love that they will eat asparagus. I find it especially funny that Busby refers to the asparagus spears in terms of VeggieTales characters. "I want to eat Junior and Junior's Dad. And Archibald." Translation: I want 3 spears. Then he inhales them, and picks out 3 more. When I was his age, I loved to eat the asparagus fresh from the asparagus patch, no cooking or anything. As a matter of fact, I didn't like it cooked at all as a child. So I'm thrilled that my kids will eat it steamed or roasted, with or without cheese or butter.

Also, Busby declared that tonight's main dish (country-style pork ribs) had chocolate on it. It was Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue, but he just insisted that it was chocolate. Which actually made it easier to get him to eat it. Janet, too. But she really just liked to dip her fingers in the sauce and lick it off with a look of supreme satisfaction on her face.

No comments: