Saturday, March 1, 2008

She's growing up and falling down

Janet had another first yesterday. She got out of her bed all by herself, and came looking for me. Pretty cool. Now I don't have to go in there to tell her she can get out of bed.

This morning she fell while climbing out of bed. I heard "I'm in pain" crying through my mostly unconscience fog which caused me immediately leap out of bed and move briskly across the hall to retrieve my crying daughter.

This resulted in 2 things. Now Janet would be laying in the big bed with me and Busby (Big Kahuna had to work this morning) and now I have this uncomfortable, almost strained muscle feel at the bottom of my belly.

I knew the day was coming that I would need to buy a maternity support contraption. I'm on minute 5 of hold with the local Babies R Us waiting for someone to tell me if they have the one I like from the website in stock.

Good news, they have it, and at the website price. I'm going to give this a shot over the 18 belt contraption my OB recommends, because it's about 1/2 the cost, and I have a BRU gift card! This is a must purchase if I'm going to make it through a grocery shopping trip in the immediate future. Especially a trip to Stuff Mart.

No comments: