Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Chewing on crayons

The kids have inherited a really nasty habit of mine (only one of many). Both Busby and Janet chew on stuff. Whatever's handy. I just told Janet for the 812 millionth time to STOP CHEWING ON THAT CRAYON! Then she cried. I felt bad.

They are coloring Tigger & Pooh pictures. Busby has a giant coloring book from that Disney program "My Friends Tigger & Pooh," which he has never seen. Janet was immediately incensed that she did not have a "Poop" picture to color, so I had to get one from the nice people at disney.com. She joyously pointed to Tigger and declared "POOP! POOP!" Why am I so tickled that she says that about Tigger? She also uses that phrase to inform me that she needs a diaper change. The Tigger reference is much nicer.

Naps sucked today. Busby first refused to wear pants, then wouldn't stay in bed. I heard a loud crash only to discover that he had been climbing on his mega blocks tub. Much cajoling and threatening and tears and 45 minutes later he was finally asleep. Janet, on the other hand, didn't nap at all. At all. I would occasionally hear bits of talking or yelling for Mommy, but I was able to ignore it for over and hour. Gave me some much needed Bible study time. Then the really yelling began. Then the screaming of "MOMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYY." I figured it was time to get her out of there before she woke up Busby. I made her lay quietly on the sofa while watching a {painfully mind numbing} DVD of Blue's Clues. That video must go back to the library post haste. But she did just lay there and suck her thumb. Why would she do that, but not stop chewing on the crayon?

Ok, it's after 4, I need to start figuring out what to make for dinner, and get the kids to help pick up the Thomas legos and Wedgits.

No comments: