Monday, March 3, 2008

Enjoying the warmness

Today was unseasonably warm. Like 58 degrees at 8:00 a.m. in the Midwest in March warm. The Big Kahuna says "What's on the plate today." I list the 5 or 6 things I'd like to get done this morning, and he says "I was thinking of going to the zoo."

I'll be honest, at first I wasn't thrilled. Busby was in desperate need of a haircut, and I wanted to get to the grocery for the excellent chicken sale. I promised Busby I would buy him some new shoes today if he didn't cry while getting his hair cut. Plus I needed to make that physical therapy appointment that I've been avoiding. But I realized that with rain coming this afternoon, we should take serious advantage of the beautifulness that God provided us this morning. So we went to the zoo.

It was almost perfect. There were like 20 visitors there. The lions were happy to hang out and be roared at by Janet. As was the tiger. Busby loved every minute of it, and because there was no one around, he was able to run freer than usual. We went in the underwater dolphin dome, and again, because there was no one else around, the kids just ran back and forth and watched the dolphin show from underneath. We saw the sharks and the sea horses and the clown fish and the penguins. Janet seemed a bit frightened by the penguins, but she was also very tired at the time, so I can't say that I blame her. We got to see the seals being fed, and the trainers had them do a few tricks for us. Also, huge bonus: no line at the ladies room! Down side: no elephants or giraffes, which are Busby's favorite. But he was such trooper, and just kept leading us to the next exhibit.

And all was not lost. We got Busby's hair cut, purchased some new shoes, went to the grocery store, and I have a PT appointment on Saturday. The only thing I didn't get done today was the thing I forgot to put on my list, which is call the investment guy about Janet's 529 plan. No biggie. I'll call tomorrow, then I can get our taxes filed. (Yeah upcoming tax refund!!)

No comments: