Friday, April 18, 2008

50 for my 50th

For my 50th post, I thought I would tell you 50 things about me and my family.

 

1.       Big Kahuna and I met in 1994, but didn’t start dating until 1999.

2.       We broke up 3 weeks before Christmas.

3.       We got engaged on December 23, 1999. (As in, we weren’t even dating when we got engaged.)

4.       We got married 8 months after he proposed.

5.        I was raised Catholic.

6.        Big Kahuna was raised Methodist.

7.        I became a Methodist while engaged to Big Kahuna.

8.        I hold no ill will toward the Catholic church.  I just figured out it wasn’t for me.

9.        We got married in the same church as Big Kahuna’s parents.

10.   I am the oldest of 3 kids.

11.   Big Kahuna is the 3rd of 4 kids.

12.   We live in the house his maternal grandparents built.

13.   I have an associates degree in Paralegal Studies.

14.   Big Kahuna basically put me through paralegal school.

15.   He’s so awesome.

16.   Big Kahuna drives a concrete mixer.

17.   I work 3 days a week in a law firm.

18.   Some days we like our jobs.

19.   Some days we don’t.

20.   We were married for more than 4 years before Busby was born.

21.   Busby and Janet were born 16 ½ months apart.

22.   We planned it that way.

23.   The receptionist in my law firm had to tell me I was in labor with Busby.

24.   Busby was born in less than 8 hours of active labor.

25.   Busby was 8 lb 12 oz at birth.

26.   Busby weighed 20 lbs 1 oz at his first birthday.

27.   Busby didn’t reliably walk on his own until he was 15 months old.

28.   I was really, really big when pregnant with Janet.

29.   Janet was born less than 12 hours after the induction process was started.

30.   Janet was 9 lb 12 oz at birth.

31.   Janet was 23 lbs at her first birthday.

32.   Busby eats like a bird.

33.   Janet doesn’t.

34.   I am totally freaked and don’t know what to expect from McCloud.

35.   Busby and Janet love VeggieTales and They Might Be Giants.

36.   Big Kahuna is also a TMBG fan.

37.   Big Kahuna does most of our car repairs.

38.   Big Kahuna does all of our home repairs.

39.   Big Kahuna is awesome like that.

40.   My mother taught me to crochet and cross stitch.

41.   I’m grateful to her for it.

42.   My mother-in-law sent me to a beginner quilting class.

43.   I’m grateful to her for it.

44.   Big Kahuna bought me a really nice Viking sewing machine.

45.   I don’t use it enough.

46.   I wish I had more time for needlework of some kind.

47.   I love that my time is sucked up playing with, reading to, bathing, dressing, and caring for my children.

48.   I’m a terrible housekeeper.

49.   I’m a good mother.

50.   I’m a good wife.

 

No comments: