Friday, April 4, 2008

Things I had forgotten

I had forgotten that when you grow large babies, 8 months pregnant looks like 10 months pregnant. And that there is still a month of growth left.

I had forgotten how hard on my right kidney it is to be 8 months pregnant. Maybe I should try sleeping on my left side more.

I had forgotten just how much it looks and feels like a Sigourney Weaver movie is taking place in an 8 month pregnant body.

I had forgotten what it really feels like to wake up convinced that someone is trying to rip your calf off of your leg with their bare hands.

I had forgotten how amazingly awesome my husband is when it feels like someone is trying to rip my calf off with their bare hands. He is usually the one with the presence of mind to get me to point my heel.

I had forgotten about how nasty pregnancy gas and heartburn are.

I had forgotten how ridiculously small newborn size diapers are. The lovely people at Huggies sent me one with some coupons. I almost fell off of my chair laughing at how small the cute little sample diaper is. I think Janet has a doll it will fit on. It's unlikely that it will fit on McCloud.

I had forgotten how frustrating pregnancy insomnia is. I hate getting out of bed in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, because then I'm awake for at least an hour.

I had forgotten how disabling pregnancy back pain can feel.

I had forgotten about the insane levels of pregtardancy that can be reached.

I had forgotten how insane the "So, what are we going to name this baby" conversations can be.

I had not forgotten the joy, wonder, and excitement over a new life taking shape in my overextended abdomen. Or how the smallest things can make me weepy. Usually with joy.

No comments: