Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dear Dr. Hicks

Dear Dr. Hicks,

Thanks for nothing. You made my husband and my father-in-law believe I was playing an April Fools Joke yesterday. Not so much. Regular contractions every hour on the hour, moving up to every 30 minutes is not nice, especially at only 35 weeks gestation.

Next time, go bother someone else.

Hugs,
Surprised Spectator

P.S. No, I was not really in labor. No, I did not call my doctor. The pain was never bad enough to make me call her, plus I was never up to 4 contractions per hour. However, it did lead to much hilarity by tormenting my lawyer with this news the next day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No ? Thank you Dr. Hicks,

Well she may sound like she knew she was having false contractions but by the time I got home things were happening in the house, Nesting! "you need to get Janet's dresser out of the basement and put back together," (It has a fresh coat of pink paint) "I also need you to take the laundry down stars and the kids stuff in the dryer can go in that basket... there is enough clothes in there for the kids for at least a day and a night for when we go to the hospital. I don't have there bag packed, I DON"T HAVE MY BAG PACKED!" So while I was in my lair fixing furniture and doing laundry I thought it would be a capital idea to get the cover off the old car seat (The Bucket) and wash it as well. So an honest and sincere thank you for letting us know that we are not prepared.

Well today is my birthday and I want to go to the zoo with the fam. maybe there will be another post yet today.