Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Do I make it worse by talking about it?

Um...I have discovered something that I find both fascinating and disturbing at the same time.

It started out when I found this link in this blog. It is a moving commercial that is being shown in Victoria, Australia. The song ("Pictures of You") especially caught me, so I decided to look for it on You Tube.

That lead me not only to two different versions of the song (I like both), but also to something I didn't know existed: Harry Potter tribute videos. There are several devoted to Severus Snape's life-long love of Lily Potter. (Freaky. Freaky. Freaky. But someone has done some beautiful artwork that is totally not based on the story line. More likely what the artist imagines Snape's ideal life with Lily Evans would have been like.) There are many, many videos set to lots of different songs that memorialize those that die in Deathly Hallows. Most of these videos look to have been made after Deathly Hallows the book came out, and after the movie of Goblet of Fire came out but before Order of the Phoenix was released on video. I am totally weirded out and at the same time totally hooked.

On a different, but equally disturbing note, I am once again taking prescription pain killers while breastfeeding a child. The first time was when I had surgery in Janet's 4th month of life. At that time I was taking Tylox (a lovely combination of Tylenol and OxyCodone), which I credit for Janet starting to sleep through the night. This time I'm taking Vicodin. It was prescribed for my post-childbirth related pain. But I didn't really need it then. I need it now. This cut in my hand really, really hurts. I'm pretty sure the Vicodin is why McCloud is so sleepy today. I was assured that it was perfectly safe for breastfeeding, otherwise I wouldn't be taking it.

No comments: