Friday, March 7, 2008

Kickboxing with McCloud

McCloud is a mysterious being. Especially since she's not here. But there are things about her I want to share.

But she is a real mover. I mean it. I'm convinced she's leading a 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (sometimes later) kickboxing aerobics class for my kidneys. She moves, she rumbles, and I could have sworn I heard someone yelling out directions last night.

Evenings are not the only time she moves. We're at that stage where she wakes and plays for 30 minutes, then sleeps for 30 to 45 minutes during the day. It's interesting and often funny to watch. Lately it's been taking my breath away. Litterally. She's learning the fully body verticle stretch. I love feeling the pressure on my diaphram and bladder simultaneously. Ok not really. I would double over in discomfort, but the loss of space would only agitate her.

Every time I roll over at night -- and believe me, that is no easy task -- she wakes up and plays the flip and settle game. So far, it doesn't keep me up very much, and isn't too uncomfortable. Until last night.

The Big Kahuna (he'll love that I'm telling you this) went to the bath room at 5:20. I rolled over and said something to him, and he was quickly back to sleep. Then I felt this pulling, twingy wierdness, and wondered why is he (Big Kahuna) was pulling on my belly, only to then realize it's Braxton Hicks. BH has been around for about 5 or 6 weeks. It's first appearance was a not pleasant and not pain free low lying contraction. I've since learned that with each pregnancy, BH becomes more and more painful. Yippee.

I think we're soon headed for the push and hide games. You know the ones, when you push on your pregnant belly, and the baby pushes back, and you push again, and then she turns and hides her feet.

No comments: