Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Chowder?

A few weeks ago, Busby figured out he could ask me to turn the radio volume up. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Well, Janet has latched onto this. She likes her Giants and she likes them loud. So before we are out of the garage, I usually hear a request of "Yowder, peas!" Unfortunately, she doesn't understand the need to listen to local traffic reports on our way to work. So I can turn it up, but then she yells "NO!" because we're listening to people talk, and not to the songs she wants.

I really think the Giants and Disney have something good going here. We have all of the Giants' children's albums*, and the kids love them. Busby and Janet have especially grabbed onto the "Here Come the 123's" and have learned most of the songs. The "7 Days of the Week" song alone is so worth it if it helps them learn the order of the days of the week. There are some bonus tracks that include the theme to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and a really fun song called "Hot Dog" that I believe is the closing song for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Also, the live versions of "John Lee Supertaster" and "Bed Bed Bed" are fun fun fun.


* Am I dating myself here? Who says "album" anymore?

No comments: