Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Countdown to Baby (4 weeks to go - maybe)

Busby spent a fun day with his Grandpa, and from his description, I believe he took a wagon ride. And there was something about hanging up a bicycle.

Janet has become increasingly defiant, and this concerns me only because I'm worried about how she will handle a new baby arriving in the house. Otherwise, I would chalk it up to being almost 2, and deal. Any thoughts?

McCloud is still a mover and a shaker, and I keep going "OH!" and getting funny looks from Big Kahuna. He knows it's not labor yet, and is expecting something more dramatic if I believe I'm actually in labor.

I got out the Newborn/0-3 Month baby girl clothing today, and to my horror discovered all kinds of spit-up stains. Turns out, this is fairly normal. I picked up some Biz at Target, and will launder the lot with this purportedly helpful product.

I'm down to weekly appointments with my OB. Today is 36 weeks 3 days. We're in the home stretch. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week to check size and position. Size is the real concern, as Janet was 9lb 12oz at 37 weeks 4 days.

If you're squeamish, stop reading now.

Ok, I warned you...I'm 2-3 centimeters dilated, 50% effaced. You could look at that as progress, or remember that I can sit parked here for the next 4 weeks. Let's hope for progress.

1 comment:

dawn224 said...

uuuugh. My "due date" was 4/13/07. Finally had that stubborn kiddo on 4/25/07. I hope you have a less stubborn baby who heads on out SOON!