Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Home on the Range

We've all made it home. It's a little surreal to be back in our house with a tiny baby in addition to Busby and Janet.

As you probably saw from Big Kahuna's post, labor and delivery went very smoothly. I could not have imagined things would go so very well. I know I shouldn't say this, but it was an easy labor. The most painful part was getting the epidural, because the anesthesiologist initially put the catheter in a little to the right, which caused incredible pain in my hip. But since I let him know that was the situation, he took care of everything, and all was well.

Delivery was incredibly fast. 3 pushes. I was shocked! I actually said to the doctor, "That was it?" But there she was. My beautiful, amazing McCloud.

It took a while, but I've figured out who she looks like. She looks like Busby did when he was born. The only difference is the plumbing.

The hospital stay was great until I took some oxycodone last night. While it did take care of the pain, it caused incredible nausea and dizziness. I have learned my lesson, and my doc didn't prescribe it for me. I did order and eat a lot of the free 24-hour room service. I wasn't kidding about the grilled cheese and chocolate shakes. The hospital staff was really, really great, and I loved all the nurses. Maggie from Labor & Delivery came by today before we left to see us again. She really is awesome.

Busby and Janet have done really well with the baby. Busby keeps his distance, and Janet keeps giving her kisses. I had to keep telling her to leave the bassinet alone, but I think she's getting it now.

Like I said, we're home. All of us. Busby and Janet are in bed (I hope). McCloud is sleeping (which she does quite a bit of). Big Kahuna is doing the dishes. I'm sitting here typing. Life is good.

For a bit of fun, click here.

1 comment:

dawn224 said...

Oh hooray! Huge congrats on little McCloud!